1. We value the preaching and teaching of the Word of God. – Acts 2:38
• Baptism in the name of Jesus
• Baptism in the Holy Spirit
I Cor. 1:21- It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to those who believed.
(a) Things we should preach- Gospel=Good News
-The gospel of the Kingdom- Matt.4:23
-Baptism of Repentance- Luke 3:3
-Glad tidings- Luke 8:1
-The gospel of healing- Luke 9:6
-Preach the kingdom of God- Acts 20:25
-Preach the cross- I Cor. 1:18
-Preach the gospel of Christ- IICor. 10:14
-Preach the Word- Acts 8:4
- Preach peace by Jesus Christ- Acts 10:36
- Preach deliverance to captives- Luke 4:18
- Preach the acceptable year of the Lord- Luke 4:19
- Preach about turning from idols- Acts 14:15
- Preach the unsearchable riches of Christ- Eph. 3:18
b) Things we are to teach
- The ordinance of God- Ex. 18:20
- The judgment and statues of God- Deut. 4:1
- Teach the good news- right way- I Sam.12:23
- Teach wisdom- Job 33:33
- Teach sinners the way- Psa. 25:8
- Teach the fear of the Lord- Psa. 34:11
- Teach transgressors the way- Psa.51:13
- Teach all nations- Matt.28:19
- Teach us to pray- Luke 11:1
- Teach in the name of Jesus- Acts 4:18
- Knowing the Holy Ghost will teach you- Luke 12:12 John 14:26 I John 2:27
2) We value prayer- Eph. 6:17-18
• Prayer – central focus
• Prayer- communication with the Father
3) We value loving all people unconditionally- the unchurched and the lost.
• While our mission and message never changes, we constantly evaluate and change our methods. Our mission is to reach more people with the life- changing message of Jesus Christ.
• We believe it is our responsibility to seek the lost and bring them to church.
4) We value racial, cultural, and social reconciliation. II Cor. 5:18-19
• God has given us the ministry of reconciliation ( to restore, renewal, being salt and light)
5) We value praise and worship. Psa.100:4 John 4:23-24
• Enter into the gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise, be thankful unto him and bless his name.
• We must worship in spirit and truth- the Father seeks to worship him.
6) We value biblical truth, the Bible, is the final authority. II Tim. 3:16-19
• Scriptures are our only authoritative standard for all that we think, say and do.
• Scriptures gives us our only authoritative standard to live our lives- not experts or experience nor feelings
• The Bible is the only written revelation of God throughout 66 books.
• The gospel is the only way for us to have a relationship with God.
7) We value strong biblical – structured families- Psa.68:6
• Father, mother, and children
• Father, children
• Mother, children
• We have many different kinds of families these days.
8) We value evangelistic outreaches to the community. We value being a friendly and loving church.
• We believe that people matters to God. We believe, therefore, people should matter to us.
• Our lives should be a silent rebuke to unbeliever.
9) We value Christian stewardship in tithes, talents, touch and time.-
• Tithes- Mal.3:8-10
• Talents- Matt. 25:14-30
• Touch- Matt.14:36 Mark 3:10 Mark 6:56 Luke 6:19
• Time- Eph. 5:16 Col.4:5
10) We value strong servant leadership. Eph. 4:11-12
• We are committed to equipping and helping to mature believers in the faith
• We believe every ministry should be grounded on these components- Truth, Accountability, and Relationships